FAQ's about Math at TJ
Which calculator should I have?
TJ Math 1 - 5 have been developed with the assumption that students will be using the TI-84Đặt cược 69 tỷ vào một ngôi nhà or a similar calculator.
Đặt cược 69 tỷ vào một ngôi nhàStudents enrolled in TJ Math 1 - 4 will be required to take the state-mandated Standards of Learning test. These tests do not allow the use of calculators beyond the capability of the TI-84, therefore students may not use more advanced calculators (i.e. TI-89) in classes below TJ Math 5.
Đặt cược 69 tỷ vào một ngôi nhàFor advanced courses, you may consider the TI-89, however this is not required.
Which courses can I take in summer school?
- Incoming freshmen who have completed Algebra 2 can take Research Statistics 1.
- Incoming freshmen who have completed Algebra 1 can take Geometry Honors through FCPS summer school.
- TJ students who have completed TJ Math 4 can take TJ Math 5.
No other online courses or other summer school courses meet the requirements of TJ courses.
Which class should I take next year?
- If you are currently in Algebra 1, you will enroll in Research Statistics 1 and TJ Math 1 for the upcoming school year. You may wish to take Geometry Honors through FCPS summer school.
- If you are currently in Geometry, you will enroll in Research Statistics 1 and TJ Math 3 for the upcoming school year.
- If you are currently in Algebra 2, you will enroll in Research Statistics 1 and TJ Math 4. You are eligible to take Research Statistics 1 over the summer through TJ if you are interested.
- If you are enrolled in any course higher than Algebra 2, please consult with the Math-CS division manager or a counselor about which math courses to sign up for.
Class of 2018 and younger, also refer to
How can I verify that I'm enrolling in the right math class for me next year?
Đặt cược 69 tỷ vào một ngôi nhàTJ freshmen come from lots of different middle schools, many of which have different curriculums, syllabi, and expectations. To make certain that you're going into the right math class, please take the time to meet with our curriculum specialists during registration. They can make specific suggestions based on your (child's) previous instruction. Remember also that TJ is not a race; if you're not completely confident in your (child's) understanding, consider repeating the course to ensure a strong foundation, especially in the math and language areas.